In light of recent guidelines for social distancing and local and state measures to combat the spread of coronavirus through canceling events and closing schools and other places where large groups gather, the City of Wyoming has taken the following steps to keep residents safe:
- The Village Green Q&A session scheduled for March 19 at the Civic Center has been canceled. However, residents are still encouraged to provide input on the project through a special survey. To take part in the survey, go to https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/CX8CGW5. Please submit your responses no later than March 27.
- The Recreation Center is closed and is not scheduled to re-open until April 6.
- All events, practices and classes connected with the Recreation Center are canceled until April 6. This includes events and practices held at Oak Gym and the Civic Center.
- Any city event that would have included over 100 people is canceled, although there were few scheduled during this time.
- As of March 17, the Civic Center is closed until at least April 6. If you had an event scheduled before April 6, contact the city for more information.
- At this time, the lobby of the City Building and the Public Safety Building will remain open. However, please limit visits to these locations if possible. Instead, you can conduct business by email or phone in most cases. Here are some examples of how to limit your face-to-face interaction during this extreme event:
- Mail your water bill payment or pay by credit card over the phone to 821-8044 (or place your payment in the payment mailbox on the front porch of the City Building);
- Ask your tax questions by phone at 821-9731 or by email to: email@example.com;
- Purchase yard waste stickers over the phone with a credit card and have them mailed to you by calling 821-7600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have questions for city administration, most information can be accessed over the phone or online. Here is the contact information:
- Call the City Building at 821-7600 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
- Email at email@example.com
- Visit the city’s website: wyomingohio.gov.
- Follow the city on Facebook. Look for information on the city website.
- Subscribe to the city’s e-newsletter on the city website to keep up with the latest details on the response to the coronovirus.
In addition, there is a large, black mailbox/drop box on the front porch of the City Building to the right of the main doors that you may drop in paperwork and/or payments any time of day. The box is checked multiple times per day.
This is a dynamic situation. As updates occur, they will be announced as quickly as possible.