Happy 2023! This year, What’s Up Wyoming is excited to share more feature stories about the people, news, and events that make our community an amazing place to call home.
First, we’d like to take a look back and show you the articles that were most popular throughout the past year. From the Art Show and Upcycle Day to our city’s Citizens of the Year honorees, here are the top five stories from 2022.
- Wyoming Art Show Will Pitch Its Tents in MayAs the first waves of COVID-19 started to clear, Wyoming citizens were ready to get back outdoors and be social, as the Wyoming Art Show prepared to bring together hundreds of artists and art lovers along Worthington Avenue.
- Upcycle Day: Donate Your Reusable Trash on April 8With the arrival of spring came the urge to clean our homes of unwanted and accumulated stuff. Upcycle Day gave our residents the opportunity to donate their unwanted trash to several local organizations that work hard to keep recyclable items out of landfills.
- Wyoming Families Have Personal Connections with Residents of War-Torn Kharkiv, UkraineDozens of Wyoming families have connections with citizens of Kharkiv, a city located about 25 miles from the Russian border and one of the cities hit hardest by the Russian attacks.
- Freebox Free-For-All is Happening April 2-3As proved by the popularity of the 2022 Freebox Free-For-All, one man’s trash is another’s treasure!
- Wyoming Celebrates the 2021 Citizens of the YearThe ceremony recognizing the 2021 Wyoming Citizens of the Year was held at Wyoming High School on January 25, 2022.
While it was not published in 2022, there was a lot of interest in a story about
Wyoming’s Sears kit homes that caught the attention of many.